Interesting. This same question has been raised at 3 or 4 different teacher websites.
It took a bit of searching, but I learned that this is a 4th and 5th grade program for "high achievers" and "rising young leaders." Each year, a 6 or 13 day session is held. In 2006, the NYSP met just outside Washington D.C. at the National 4H Youth Conference Center in Chevy Chase, MD.
Tuition for a 13-Day Session was $2,480.
Tuition for a 6-Day Sessions: $1,840.
Discovery strands covered by the conference in 2006 included:
1. The Circle of Life: Ecological Kingdoms in Balance
2. Newton's Laws: Keys to Understanding the Physics of Flight
3. CSI - Crime Solvers, Inc. Forensics: The Amazing Science of Detection
4. Fantasy, Fables and Folktales: A Literary Journey
5. The Olympian World: Legendary Figures of Greek Mythology
6. Nature's Tightrope: Quest for a Balanced Environment
7. Leadership Strand: Stepping Forward as a Leader
The website for the National Young Scholars Program may be found at: