I¡¯m a post-graduate student of English pedagogy. I¡¯m doing research on the situations of foreigners teaching English in China. Thank you for answering the following questions in detail. If you have any interest in this topic, please contact me: [email="email@example.com"]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email]. Thanks again£¡
1) You are
A. an expert in some field.
B. a language teacher in a college or university.(eg: conversation)
C. a teacher teaching other subjects (eg: literature) in college or university.
D. a teacher in a secondary school.
E. a teacher in a primary school.
F. a teacher in a kindergarten.
2) Do you have teaching experience or have you had any form of teaching training before teaching in China? (If you don¡¯t mind, please tell me your degree).
3) Why did you decide to come to China?
4) How did you arrange to come to China and find your job?
5) How many courses, hours and grade levels are you teaching now? Do you feel satisfied with the arrangement? Why or why not?
6) Do you have a text-book? If yes, who chose it? If no, why not?
7) Do you often communicate with other Chinese teachers about teaching? Why or why not?
8) Do you know the students¡¯ levels of language proficiency before class?
9) If you have any teaching problems, who will you ask for advice, other foreign teachers, Chinese teachers, students, the person in charge or others? Why?
10) What¡¯s your usual teaching method? Do you think it¡¯s suitable for your students? Why or why not?
11) Have you done any need analysis on your students? ?
12) Do you feel satisfied with your job? Why or why not?
13) Do you feel satisfied with your life in China? Why or why not?
14) Is your teaching ever evaluated in any way? (How and by whom?)
15) Do you know anything about China¡¯s English Syllabus?